Why need an effective SEO content Strategy?
If you have written different types of SEO content but don’t have any idea or any planned SEO content strategy, all your SEO content can go futile. If you post your SEO content in a haphazard manner and hope to achieve higher ranks on the Google’s SERP, it’s next to impossible. For this, you need to commit to more drastic and systematic SEO content strategy for the web. Here is a list of SEO content guidelines that can help you create an effective SEO content strategy.
Useful Tips to define and improve your SEO content strategy:
Determine your goals
If you’re looking to drive sales through your business website, then you need to first define your goals for your business. If you’re planning to increase traffic and generate more leads, you will have to decide what types of SEO content you should aim at.
If you want to increase your conversion rate by driving more product sales, you need to focus on catchy statements, produce informative product pages that have been properly optimized for search as well as conversions. Next, you can focus on informative blog content that explains how to use the product and then linking to the corresponding product pages.
If you just aim to attract more readers to your website that operates on an advertising model, your primary focus should be on posting useful and rich SEO content in the form of long articles and videos that are interesting, informative and attractive. This SEO content strategy makes your readers stay longer on your website encouraging them to return again.
Write for your target audience
Effective surveys and analytics software can help you learn the behavior of your typical reader. Develop effective marketing characters or personalities that represent your ideal visitors or potential customers. Then you can determine what types of SEO content are required by the created personas.
For instance, if you’re posting for teenagers, then you need to focus more on latest updates with more of visuals and less text. As a majority of the population uses mobile phones to access any information, make sure your site is mobile-friendly.
Build out an editorial calendar
Once you know whom you’re targeting, you can create your own editorial calendar. Creating an editorial calendar can help you schedule and plan out as when you’ll publish a new content and what type of content you need to write. This removes confusion and helps you work in a systematic manner and is useful if you’re posting on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to help you create and stick to your editorial calendar:
- Outlook or Google calendar – You may use a Google calendar or an Outlook to schedule your posting and set up reminders to notify the authors about the deadline coming up. You may share the editorial calendar with your team members to avoid confusions.
- Focus on the ongoing features – If you’re writing for a food blog, you may post a meatless recipe on Mondays. You may even link roundups once in every week. For reader’s convenience, you may create a category page for every ongoing feature so that it becomes easier for the visitors to find and go through the Monday meatless recipes.
- Aim for perfection – When posting infographics or videos and other types of complicated content, you need to go through several rounds of edits and optimization in order to achieve perfection.
- Do not rely only on the planned SEO content strategy – If you’ve created an editorial calendar far out in advance, it can go in vain. You need to update yourself with the latest updates in the market and the rising demand for the products. As the changes in the marketing goals, budgets, and staff are inevitable, so do not just rely completely on the scheduled plans. A lot of hard work and time can go in vain.
Analysis and re-evaluation of SEO content
In order to secure the topmost position of your site’s analytics, you need to analyze and re-assess your SEO content periodically. Keep track of what is working and what isn’t. You can measure your online success and engagement by seeing the page views, comments, reviews, links, shares on social networks, upvotes and conversion rates. Your site analysis should focus on two vital goals
- Look for patterns or behavior of your visitors – Study what your audience or readers like on your site. Is it the videos, infographics or articles on your site that is attracting and engaging more visitors? If it’s the video, then post more videos on your site to increase your conversion rate, plan out on your editorial calendar accordingly and invest more time and effort on content that is fruitful.
- Refresh and improve your older SEO content – If you have targeted a specific keyword to rank your page and you find a different variation of that keyword that has higher search results, you should re-optimize your web page by placing the new keyword in your SEO title and content. Implementing this SEO content strategy can drastically increase relevant traffic to your site
Implementing an effective SEO content strategy can help you conquer that coveted number one rank on the Search Engine Result Page. Apart from the above mentioned, if you could suggest any other SEO content strategy, please let me know in the comments.